1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Live long and prosper my WiBlings...

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Nobleman, 13 Feb 2017.

1. Nobleman

Nobleman Member
    Gaming Style: Socializer

Hello my WiBlings :D
    I wanted to do this post long time ago but I couldn't , now it is the right time :D... I am writing to explain why am I leaving this outfit/ community :)
    But first I have to tell you a little story :) ... If you don't have time just skip it and read the final few sentenses :)

( I decided to play on VS 2 years ago, and I saw EDIM Open Platoon . I joined it and was really impressed how Codex was leading . From that time I have been a friend of this people here ... I had a really great time with you guys so I also decided to switch to a new community WiB when you decided to do it...and I played for a really long time , every day when I came back from my school I would have fun with you guys, I learned a lot of new stuff, improved my English and really had a great time... We had casual platoons everyday, we had trainings on Friday ( with Janitor) , we had Scrims on Saturday ( with Pronix) and Ops on Sunday ( with Codex), at one point we even had 5-6 great tactical leaders ... But by the time new people started joining and that people were beginning commanders 'over night'... Then Codex said that he can't lead us anymore and from then everything went bad... We didn't have Ops , no more scrims , no more trainings, no more casual playing , new guys etc. Then I stopped playing Planetside 2 for a while , but when I returned ( 2 months later ) I saw that we had a vast majority of people playing TR in TR channel on TS, I noticed that very few people play VS and then I noticed a lot of people joined CP bcs they wanted to play tactical... That was the time when this community lost its value because we didn't play casual and for fun but we played to become very tactical and skilled group, we became something like DIGT or WiBT... People who wanted to play casual were not welcome because some new group ( with new commanders) started playing Ps2 in a channel that was locked o_O ... Our forums became a forum to discuss about competing times ( long time ago we had fun on forums , posting food recipes, games and movies suggestions etc.) ... In one sentence , our community turned into a community for minority of people ( who played TR...) Not to talk about our gameplay and community general behavior I have to say something about leading .. In every other outfit , leaders are recruiting new players and making them commanders , we don't have that... We always have had the same people ... - This is where my dissatisfaction lays... )

To conclude,
    This outfit ( and community ofc.) is not what it used to be, it is not casual community that plays a lot of games together (as we used to play)... A lot of people became commanders without acclamation ( approval of core members) and this outfit is not functioning ( as it used to function ) anymore..
    I hope you will realize my 'essay :D' as a constructive critic and do the best of your ability to change the mistakes and to keep good things in :D
    I hope as well that I will remain friend here and and that I will still be welcome sometimes to play with you..
    Now I will go to the other gaming community that my old friend is making and try to have a great time with them :D

And finally ( finally ) I want to thank everyone here who gave me good memories , I want to thank everyone for learning me how to play ( especially Codex ) and I want to thank everyone else for being my virtual siblings, WiBlings :D

See you in future , on battlefield ...
    Live long and prosper ,
    Till the next time ,

Your Nobleman :D

2. CodexCharash

CodexCharash Community Officer
    Staff Member Gaming Style: Socializer PS2 Commander

hey noble its sad to see you leaving wib, and i really want to thank you for being with us for that long.

and yes i can understand, that the changes which happened in our community are not always good for everyone... but for me its not possible to change something on this development (just no time for playing). So the people who got in charge decided to go this way and of course not everyone is happy with such major decisions. But it's important that the poeple who are leading are leading on a way, that fits them the best.
    and regarding the casual play i also noticed a lack of that in the last months, and i can tell you that there is alredy something happing in the next days.
    so i hope that we can maybe welcome you again in the future :)
    regards codex

Janitor Jones and Nobleman like this.
  3. Zoomer

Zoomer Active Member
    Gaming Style: Socializer PS2 Commander

what is he talking about? i see alot of missinformation here, but then again i havent seen this guy online in ages.

However, best of luck and lots of fun in your future PS2 exploits.

4. Zoomer

Zoomer Active Member

Also to refer on your constructive criticisam;

A) In past 1 year, we rose to status of 2nd best Miller outfit, and 4th best EU outfit, with stellar activity and more content for all teir of players then any other outfit on the server.
    B) New officers and commanders are being developed and promoted based on activity and committment, as well as actuall work put into the outfit
    C) Tranings, scrims and ops were and are all part of the CP program
    D)We play regular scrim matches, hold regular tranings and we run high level squad play on daily basis on any faction.
    E)''Vast majority joined CP..... '' then '' turned into comminity of minorty'' #confused
    F)All teamspeak channels are unlocked and free for access well over 6 months now
    G)In the time that you were not active, our outfit grew and became one of the cornerstones of competitive scene in PS2, we are proud owners of Scrim Masters brand (biggest scrim tournament ever to be made in PS2), as well as offical outfit rankings creators. Not only that, we have expanded the competitive program, by launching Team B, wich plays even more matches then Team A and is open for all and any community members without any special requirements.
    H) What i notice here is quite alot of salt towards new players that have been recruited for reasons unknown to me, and it saddens me that all these ''new'' players integrated and became core members, while people who are with us for years drift away for reasons that are not true. Yes this community changed, and it changed for the better, but i understand it is hard to see that under the sea of salt :)

I would also ask you to check your information before posting to avoid confusion in the future. For you and anyone else, we will always have an open door policy like we had untill now. However it is up to each player individualy to show interest and participate in content that we provide for the outfit.

gixxoner likes this.
  5. Nobleman

Nobleman Member

Well Zoomer, i didnt want to offend anyone as you realized this... i have been a member of this community for more than a 2 yrs now aand you are member for less than a year... i havent been active because of your rules... and there are the answers
    A) in the past 1 year you rose to the status ,.... cp squad not the outfit
    B)new officers are developed ... leading what ? leading cp scrims... ( btw do we have tactical ops on sunday or joint ops for everyone? no)
    C) you are still talking about cp , not about the outfit,,, that is the problem, people from cp practise and improve, i dont have time for cp does that mean i dont deserve a training?)
    D)again talking about cpp not outfit,,,, every faction? well yes, but vs should be main
    E)you dont have to be confused bcs of this.... as i said just minority is in cp having trainings... what with others?
    F)all ts channels are unlocked... well they are but you used to farm and be in cp channel that was locked before and after that you were coming to vs channels draging people to tr channels ( i remember the conflict with pronix ... you should also remember your words about him)
    G)in the time i wasnt active... that was mainly bcs of you ( inactivity) ....
    Btw i am not under the sea of salt... this is not just my opinion but opinion of more people i tallked to...
    this you are talking about is just the evidence that you dont know how good community we had before your times......
    i just want to mention again that my point is to criticize not to talk trash.... just count how many members left...... and one more hint ( when you talk to me you cant say 'what is he talking about , you should say what are you talking about...'
    well thanks on your wish to have fun in ps 2 ... :DD

6. Zoomer

Zoomer Active Member

Once again, your reply is full of missinformation based on personal feeling not facts. It hurts me that you think i rose to any kind of status, when opposite is actually true, altho i have been asked to take leader spot many times each time i have refused and all the work i did was to improve the community and our outfit.
    Joint ops with ufo's take place constantly, as well as LIVE squad play being led by Jantior, Brownbaby, Jedi, Killahs as well as a few others in a minor roles.
    Further, our tranings since the outfit revamp are open for everyone, and we also included personal 1 on 1 instructions by experianced scrim players available for ANY community member, wich are set up personaly in times that suit both the instructor and the trainee.
    With outfit evolving, we have evolved as community, and realized that interest for playing ALL factions is very present on all levels within our community, and we have adapted and organized efficient and fun platforms on all 3 factions of EVERYONE to enjoy the game. However we still present ourselves as VS outfit and that will not change.
    The whole Pronix referance, i stand by what i said since he was not suited or contributed anything to the outfit at his time as a leader. After the mentioned situation, he took a backseat on his leadership role with a good reason. I personaly do not have anything against Popo, sadly fact is that his time spent on leaders position did not bring anything from him.
    Also it saddens me to hear you were not active becouse of me, however each time we came into an argument was becouse of your tendency to over dramatize events as well as putting out completly wrong information, simillar to this case. I have no ill will toward you, but i will act and react in my capacity to make sure that the community is in the clear of what is going on and what are the rules.
    Further, before ''my'' time, WIB had hundreds of members and less the half a dozen on TS, activity was much lower then now, and aside from open platoons, we were not a coherent outfit on both live or private events. The new path that was taken, was taken on ecourgament of Codex. You are not aware of alot of things(eg. Pronix never led scrims, I assigned Janitor to develop friday tranings etc etc) , and how certain stuff happened, but you still take liberty to speak about it in a completly false way. I hope you are aware that this draws a picture of you and your personality in a light that i belive you do not want.

And on the last note, i wasn't asking you, i was asking everyone else, hence, what is he talking about :p

So once more i would like to ask you, that you refrain from putting missinformation on forums, and if this is directed at me or anyone else personaly, then speak out toward that person, not in a cloud of dodgy statements that do not hold ground.

7. Xondio

Xondio Member

As i am not a long time member, i certainly dont know how WIB was before i joined. But i know how it felt to me since them.
    Also I undestood the viewpoints of both of you, personally i am more on nobleman side, but from the professional point of view Zoomer is also right. He is just "the part" of the CP, and therefor has a different experience in the last month with WIB/CP.

I deal with this sort of misunderstandings a lot in my past with the teams i put together an lead, some for years. Both points a valid, a bit sad is the fact that everything what dosn't fit in the personal view is just "Fake News" or "WRONG!" (pun intended ;D). This is an opportunity to learn from mistakes which where made, and time to reflect and see how it could be done better. This a chance to improve the leadership ability of WIB or just a little draw back that need to be contained and erased. The decision is on the side of the WIB-Leadership.

Every mentioned point have a bit of truth in it, of both sides, so u can just say "nahhh its all wrong, we are doing great- CP is going well - fuck of" or maybe iterate in a round of officer over this issues and see what might can be done to prevent such feelings from "Casual WIBlings" in the future.

As for me, i got into WIB and where basically automatically in the CP Team, why i dont know, maybe because i attended some Trainings, but i have to admit, that the times I play with not CP-Members are limited.

We have a lot of non CP activity: This is true and false of the same time, yes we have activities with CP Members and some casuals which are lead by CP leaders(or experienced CP-Members) which count for the CP-Squad as non CP-play time. But i could see that a non CP-Member could see that as CP-playtime because we do everything as we do it in CP-play time. That is kind of normal for us humans and its not anybodies fault. But this could (if its validated) be a topic that might could change on a specific ops and maybe help to relativist this understanding of Casual-WIBlings

I could go on with the different mentioned topics above, but i get paid big bucks for that kind of information and training ;D
    Just kidding ;D - i have to continue to work ...

PS: nobleman maybe you are interested in a non CP, but VS-Ops ? Look out for it the next few days, there will be an announcement in the Forums.

#7 Xondio, 14 Feb 2017
    Last edited: 14 Feb 2017
  8. liskacek

liskacek Active Member

Hi, I just wanted to add in my small part:
    In last days, we were asked by Killahs to voice our opinions through a questionnaire. From what I have heard from him, it seems that quite many people want more ops and playing *all* factions. I guess we can expect some changes in that direction?

RuskiBruski likes this.
  9. Nobleman

Nobleman Member

Great conclusion Xondio :D I definitely agree that zoomer is correct in some views, and he really is... he is great tactic squad leader , and can lead in game but he can't lead the outfit... and as i saw , he thinks that his engagement changed things in a positive way and that he made this outfit better... he indirectly wants to say that now when he is one of main people in wib is better then when codex was main guy here ... incorrect..and i really don't know how tf he knows how this outfit was 1-2 years before 'him'......

Once again i am very sorry because this turned into an argue ( tbh i knew this would turn to an argue and i knew zoomer will comment ) ... once again, this is not MY opinion but opinion of more than 5 people ... and we just agreed that wib needs changes , that's what i wanted to implicate .... but yes this turned out as drama ( just as we had some dramas - mainly focused about peoples critics and zoomers bad balkanian temperament .. for example when stealth was an idiot , and when zoomer rage quited an outfit because pronix was doing his job... )

One more thing - if all leaders ( including you dear zoomer ) were the same as Pronix this outfit would be 'heaven' outfit with a lot of content for everyone ( atleast Popo was really calm and did not rage quit or tell of on people whenever he wants )... :D

10. Xondio

Xondio Member

Sure Zoomer will comment on this, you attacked him personally ...
    If we put this personally feelings by-side we can focus on the problems. (Eat a Snickers or so...)

I can assure you that's more then 5 ppl ... some actions to solve a tiny part of this are on its way.
    We want solve those main issues with shaming and blaming ... we solve them when we tackle them...

So maybe stop the drama and do not live in the past, look in the future and what u can make of it.
    WIB is what you make of it ...

Zoomer likes this.
  11. Nobleman

Nobleman Member

I didn't want that to be a personal attack... I just said the truth and if the truth is offending someone, then someone proved he is not doing it right ... and yes there is more than 5 people ( I just talked to 5 people, ofc I know more of them that left...) And I am calling everyone who left, to tell why they left ,so everyone can see what the real problems are and that no one can say that this is just my personal opinion :D

12. Killahs

Killahs Active Member
    Gaming Style: Killer

Nothing to hide about the questionnaire, I'll put it in words rather than table format:

The questionnaire was a mix of casual and CP members, however a bit more of the casual WIB/WOHA members. I wouldn't call it biased at all, in fact 17 people said that they like ops and 15 said they would like to see more of it which included most of the CP members, this result stands higher than the rest of the results concerning outfit activities but a lot of people (14) still enjoy the aspect of "Casual Scrims".

Also the "What are the current issues in the outfit and how can they be approached?" section had a few interesting opinions striking the fact that a lot of ops are done on TR and not too many on the VS side, in addition to the fact that not a lot of ops were done in the first place.

Following from the analysis, an officer/leader meeting has been done concerning this. What is going to happen is that ops on VS should increase with the training of 2 new officers to lead over the weekdays I believe and at some point during the weekends to (not sure about it though). The casual scrims will continue to help support players who would like to improve and compete, and the A team scrims will also be increased to accommodate the want for competition in the older (more "burnt"out players). Also not forgetting the once in a while Server Smashes. Lanesmash however is put on hold.

The ops at the moment on the VS side is priority, to try to involve the wider community (VS side). I'm not sure why an official announcement has not been followed up after the meeting, but here is the unofficial announcement from me.

That's all for now, unless I forgot something.

Kathulz, liskacek and Nobleman like this.
  13. Zoomer

Zoomer Active Member

Sadly you are the one who turned it into a semi dramatic thing, as per usual when you are in question. Further you are continuing with unfounded attacks on me personaly, and drawing incorrect conclusion about what i said.
    As for my capabilitys to lead the outfit that is completly irrelevant since i am not outfit leader, as for comparsion with codex if you actually had a clue you would know that codex and me are very close friends with utmost respect for eachother, and everything that has been done and will be done in future will always include codex in 100% capacity from the begining of each project.
    It saddens me that you cannot stop your personal attacks, based on personal feelings triggered by reasons unknown to me, but from where i am standing it looks like it is something between envy and butthurt. On a more personal note, it hurts even more that i comes from my fellow countryman, meaning that we could have talked and clear up things without the language barrier, and you could have been at the source of all of the information. But you chose the other way, way of flase statements, incorrect information based on your personal feelings and some ... well just flat out lies.
    There is nothing you can say, and no way to spin this thread to shed a bad light on me. And regarding thos 5 ppl, they are all free to speak with me at anypoint, however 5 people is neglegable minority in a 50+ active members outfit and 30+ competitive roster.
    So who does not like it here, the door is at ''leave outfit'' button ingame.

I state facts, you state imaginary things. With this i will end this debate and wish you farewell and best of luck in your future endevours!

Thread pending to be locked due to drama sparking

14. Xondio

Xondio Member

Just don't confuse lies with opinions ... nobody try's to underestimate you Zoomer or the fact u build up a lot here with the CP, maybe u have some beef with nobleman, but all this mentioned issues in the main post are not aimed at the CP nor you personally.

really ? i mean really ? so no reflections or even take in consideration that something went wrong here in general ? (Not pointing at anybody)
    Ok sure moderation is necessary but this sentence under this statement from an officer just say: Eat it or leave it...

If you as an official outfit-person have some private discourse with someone here, maybe search are more direct approach (PN) to efficiently solve the issue and not continue this public blaming, be the bigger person. Wouldn't to be to bad, but here in a public part of the WIB Forum ...
    Doesn't looks so good to others ...

For all not WIBlings, you see here the world premier of the first forum based novel from J.R.R Pinkplanetman : SALT!

Can we go back (or begin with) constructive talk how to solve at least some of the mentioned issues ?

soho-sohigh, Killahs and Nobleman like this.
  15. Nobleman

Nobleman Member

Yes we can talk in circle but there is no point to do that and there is no point to debate with you ... And I am not talking because of envy and butthurt but because of nostalgia... Unfortunately I and few dozens of people had to press that button 'leave outfit' ... And we pressed it in these times.. Not in times before... And my experience here is not imaginary thing.... Btw I didn't even invite you to this argue , I didn't even asked you something, mentioned you or something else... I just said real things and there are people to approve what am I talking about.... Once again thank you for your wishes , I wish you even more :D
    'U šta god da su se upleli Hrvati, ostalo je sjebano pa tako i WiB' (a little message for Zoom in Croatian :DD)

#15 Nobleman, 14 Feb 2017
  16. Nobleman

Nobleman Member

And you should learn the difference between drama and a constructive debate... I don't think this should be moderated ( because we are not in fascists or communist countries to forbid someone to talk) ... This is for people to watch, eat popcorns and really think about what am I and what are you talking about... ( who wins ? :D , we should make epic rap battle )

#16 Nobleman, 14 Feb 2017
  17. Janitor Jones

Janitor Jones Community Officer
    Staff Member Gaming Style: Explorer

Unless you boys start attacking each other and moving away from healthy discord, this thread stays open.

That being said, Nobleman ma man I hear you. really sucks that you are leaving, but I hope u do understand that you are welcome to play with us anytime any day.

just a heads up, me and a couple of guys are starting little squad plays again and trying to make it a constant thing. so do join us (wherever you may end up) and hopefully get some fun times ahead.

Just because you leaving doesn't mean we cant play together. =)

Xondio likes this.
  18. Zoomer

Zoomer Active Member

I am not the one who have put it up on forums.

And on other things, yes exactly.

And let me explain how and why exactly.
    As you know we keep open doors recruitment policy, where everyone without any requirements is welcome to join, once a player has joined he has access to all the outfit content as well as acess to; improving that content in its existing format by constant feedback sessions or free hands in creating different/new content with maximum support from other involved players.
    That beeing said, as in any gaming community there are issues that all of the clans/guilds/groups and most notably outfits in our game (PS2) are struggeling with. Most notable of thos are activity and integration. As you know vast majority of outfits in our game dispite having alot of members do not provide any content or only the most basic experiance(wich is not bad in its self as a new player friendly eviroment). What we strived for on an outfit level for a long time are thos 2 things, activity and integration. What we wanted was a tight community(mandatory TS and such) with various content provided by leaders trough our 3 factions platform. How do we chose what content goes? ''WE'' dont, it is up to each content creator to provide with what he wants to do. For example, open platoons were not ''aborted'', Codex had to cut down on gaming and none of the other leaders are people who provide with that kind of content. Another example is Kathul, altho a CP member(for the record,CP does not exist whole outfit is competitive as per Jantiors decision) , untill recently he was the one who was doing Serversmash SL for us and got quite a few of us really interested into playing SS. Same was with scrimming, i wanted to try that, no1 made a big decision scrims only, we just have one of the biggest scrim rosters in the game at the moment so naturaly intrest is high. And why is that so? Mostly becouse of the effort of scrim people over 1 year to actually get new players, win matches and preform on a high level on live. In short scrim perspective is strong becouse alot of work was put into it. And same goes for everything else.
    So how things stand, ANYONE interested in anything that we are doing is welcome to join, aside the A team match wich i belive is completly reasonable and natural. ANYONE has a chance to add to the quality of content by starting up new projects or by helping with existing ones in multiple roles. Also i would like to add the exstensive feedback sessions wich constantly mold the current situation in the outfit. Not one opinion or way of expression, but the total sum of thos opinions and general atmosphere.

However if a player is not intersted in the content that is being provided or creating stuff that he wants to do, but instead displays malcontent and toxicness, yes eat it or beat it. Becouse we are the platform that successfuly provides content. Can all be happy? no, but everyone who is not happy has 2 options go do, and create content wich makes you happy or go. And when missinformation is being presented to mask a personal attack on our public forums, and after 2 argumented requests to end this, yes Xondio its eat it or beat it.

P.S. Nobleman i have no need to use our own languge for a toxic comment toward you, as i said i have no ill will

#18 Zoomer, 14 Feb 2017
  19. Nobleman

Nobleman Member

And of course... I am here toxic .... Why am I toxic ? because i wanted to say thanks to people who I had fun with ... I know who is toxic here ... and btw . why is it bad that i posted this? ... and now really i feel in Italy in 1943 or in Yugoslavia in 1967... zoomer as you can see above how are great leaders communicating, they are very friendly and mature ( look at janitors and codexes post )... i said it 300 times and i will repeat it, my point was to compare outfit now and 1 year ago... i have more experience than a lot of people and i can say compare it... and my opinion is not toxic man , i just want people to think about what i said and how many people we lost

soho-sohigh likes this.
  20. Nobleman

Nobleman Member

Thank you very much (<3) for good and positive words Jani :D Don't block the topic pls it is healthy debate :D I said that i hope I will still be welcome and thank you for your hospitality :) I will of course play with you sometimes again, my old companions , when we ( WiB ) come to the level we used to be before ... I want you a lot of luck in training and recruiting leaders :D